Saturday, November 14, 2009

Do You Know Any Affordable NY/NJ Dental/Health Insurance Plans?

My father's company insurance plan will no longer cover me as a dependent. I need to find some sort of dental/health insurance of my own. My status is as follows:





I live in NY


My parents live in NJ


I am self-employed out of MD


My father claims me as a dependent on his taxes


I am presently a part-time student...and will be a full-time student in Fall 2008.





What can I do with this...to make something happen? :-)

Do You Know Any Affordable NY/NJ Dental/Health Insurance Plans?
Check with your University. They probably have an affordable healthcare plan or if you want to gamble set up your own medical savings account and pay for your bills cash. Most doctors will give you a discount of like 25% for not having to do any paperwork. Actuarialists will tell you that insurance is a joke until you hit 42 when the incidents of claims begin to rise. Up until then they are making money off of you for nothing. Calculate what you spend for drugs and doctor's appointments without insurance versus what you pay for insurance plus co pay and what you learn is that you pay more for insurance than you do for drugs and doctors visits. But then again, if you find out that I am wrong in your case, check out the University or get another job solely for the insurance. Personal insurance is a ripoff. Group insurance is the way to go. The University qualifies as a group.
Reply:I would look into a discount dental plan like his one http://www.YourSimpleCard.com It costs less than $12 a month for a single person and less than $20 for a whole household. They have a ton of dentists in New Jersey and New York. They also have a health plan you can check out on the left side of the website.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net